BIENVENUE AU SITE WEB DE MADAME YARAGHI
Here is the Course outline for Immersion students taking Français Langue 8 . Please read it carefully.
Français langue 8 ( French Immersion 8 )
Teacher : Mme Yaraghi
Although French and Social Studies taught separately for French Immersion students, the common themes are developed through an outlook from the Social Studies perspective.
In the language section, the emphasis will be on the development of ease and ability in the language to teach the students how to express themselves easily and with confidence (whether oral or written).
The students will learn :
· How to express emotions and thoughts after reading various literary excerpts
· How to explain recent news and events ( scientific, political,etc. )
· How to interact in class in order to enlighten peers about information they gathered and to discuss it
· How to find various strategies to help them organize their ideas into a written project, while respecting grammatical rules and while using enriched vocabulary
· How to study the various forms of literature ( Middle Ages, Renaissance, modern ) in order to compare the styles of the various eras and also to recognize the traditions and cultures of different areas of the world
· Entre Amis
· Pratique du français 1
· Literary and poetic texts and excerpts
· The novel “Le secret de l’Ile Beausoleil”
· A novel chosen at the school library
00 Evaluation :
Oral section 20%
Written compositions 10%
Contribution in class 10%
The exam at the end of the year will count for 20% of the final year mark.
- The students must arrive to class on time, with all necessary materials ( textbooks,etc.)
- The students must actively participate in discussions in class in French with their teacher as well as with their peers. They must also avoid speaking English or adding English words by accident in their conversations
- The students are responsible for their own absences ( homework must be done and handed in to the teacher ). Exams must be written immediately after their return to school and must be immediately arranged with their teacher ( Mme Yaraghi )
- The students will receive a zero if their absence is not excused
- The students are responsible for their own learning. If they need supplementary time or tutoring ( e.g. for grammar ), they must organize it on their own time to talk with the teacher or with a tutor
Signature of the student: _____________________________________________
Signature of the parents/guardians: ______________________________________