Frequently asked questions...
1) If I know I will be absent from class, can I obtain homework & assignments ahead of time?
- Answer: Yes! In fact, we encourage it!
2) I was absent from school. Do I have to complete all the work I missed?
3) I was absent from school. How can I find out what I missed?
- Answer #1: See me as soon as you return to school.
- Answer #2: All assignments are written on the white board at the front of the class.
- Answer #3: Call or ask a friend (especially if you are still away from school).
- Answer #4: Call me at the school (604)-903-3700
4) Are you available to help me outside of class?
- Answer: Yes. I am available each and every day after school. My tutorial schedule is posted on my door, but I can provide help whenever you can find me!
5) I am a parent, and I would like to know how my child is doing in your class. What can I do?
- Option #1: Students are responsible for keeping track of their marks in class. All students record their marks on either a marks record sheet (provided in class), or in their agenda books. Please check their agenda books or their marks record sheet (first page in their notebook).
- Option #2: Students receive progress reports from me each term. If report cards are coming soon and your son/daughter has not brought home a progress report, I encourage you to discuss the matter with them...
- Option #3: If your son/daughter has done a less than stellar job at keeping track of their own progress, you can contact me at the school. (604)-903-3700
6) Can parents arrange a time to meet teachers outside of the parent/teacher interview schedule?
- Yes! The Science Department encourages parents to schedule appointments anytime to discuss their son/daughter's progress. We can be contacted at the school at (604)-903-3700.