The purpose of this website is to assist North Vancouver School District staff who are using the Sitecore Content Management System.
Sitecore is a program that makes it easier to create informative, well-organized websites. Sitecore can:
Sitecore can be used for a school website or a staff website.
- organize images and pdf's in folders
- upload several images quickly
- display Flash and Quicktime movies
- easily make tables and change format
- paste text content from programs such as MS Word
- assign users privileges for different parts of a school site
- involve parents and students in editing school site pages
- quickly generate school news items and announcements
School sites contain information that has a broad audience. School news, policies, calendars, and services all belong on the school site. Departmental and extra-curricular information such as sports teams, drama, and music also should be included on the school site.
Staff sites relate to the teacher's classes and are independent from the school site. Staff sites are connected to the school site by a link.